Flammable and Combustible Liquid Storage
The storage of flammable and combustible liquids in a laboratory, shop or building area must be kept to the minimum needed for research and operations. When large quantities of flammable liquids are present in a laboratory, they must be stored in a flammable liquid storage cabinet. Flammable liquid storage cabinets are not intended for the storage of highly toxic materials, acids, bases, compressed gases or pyrolytic chemicals.
Chemstore Flammable Liquid Storage Cabinets
The Chemstore Flammable Liquid Storage Cabinets are designed for the safety storage of flammable liquid containers. These highly visible and durable yellow powder-coated cabinets feature a red “FLAMMABLE – KEEP FIRE AWAY” warning on the front doors. These storage cabinets are constructed of double-walled. 18-gauge steel with 1 1/2-inch (3.8cm) insulating air barrier. Features include piano hinges, three-point lock with handle, dual vents with flash arrestors, 4-inch (10 cm) raised, leakproof door sill to contain spills and four levelling legs. Four brackets support each adjustable shelf. Each shelf can support up to 350 lbs (160 kg) load.
Safety Practices for Flammable Liquid Storage Cabinets
• Do not store paper or cardboard or other combustible packaging material in a flammable liquid storage cabinet
• Store only compatible materials inside a cabinet
• No more than 60 gallons (227 litres) of Class 1 flammable liquids (flash point below 100°F) or Class II combustible liquids (flash point between 100°F to 140°F) may be stored in a flammable liquid storage cabinet
• No more than 120 gallons (454 litres) of Class III combustible liquids (flash point between 140°F to 200°F) may be stored in a flammable liquid storage cabinet
• Not recommended for storage of phenol, nitric acid or sulphuric acid
Flammable Liquid Storage Cabinets with Filter Box Advantages
• Remove any incidental chemical vapour or door from escaping into the laboratory or work place
• Ensure user safety, when safety cabinet door is open, no accumulated vapour will be breath in by user
• No wastage of air-condition as air is recycled into the room
• Fan on indicator light, adjustable fan speed and fan failure indicator alarm
• Choice of acid, organic, or other filter type